Luminox uses an innovative carbon compound material - CARBONOX™ - for its ultra-lightweight watches, favored by elite professionals and outdoor enthusiasts alike.
With CARBONOX™, Luminox creates high-tech timepieces with a very rigid and hard finished watch case that takes ruggedness and durability to a whole new level. Luminox has a long history with CARBONOX™, using this material for its watch cases, and some bracelets, since 2006.
Today consumers are familiar with carbon in a variety of goods and equipment where it is used as a lightweight alternative to materials such as aluminium.
Carbon materials are regularly used in high tech industries such as construction, automotive racing and aerospace. CARBONOX™ was inspired by professionals around the world who choose carbon because of its perfect combination of strength and durability.
CARBONOX™ is a trademark of Luminox.
CARBONOX™ consists of carbon powder in varying percentages depending on the watch model:
- 6 times lighter than steel, 3 times lighter than titanium
- Rigid and durable
- Non-metallic, anti-allergenic, anti-magnetic
- Strong chemical resistance
- Very low thermal extension and low heat expansion, weatherproof
- Extremely comfortable to wear
- Shock and scratch resistant
- Does not get hot in warm temperatures or cold in extreme cold climates
CARBONOX™ provides Luminox watches with a black matte finish favored by Spec Ops.